View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default 52-54 Topps Binder Options...

One of the first questions I asked here was how to store and view Topps cards from 52-54. Being a set collector and a "binder" guy, I appreciated all the great box ideas and actually followed up on those. Then a few weeks ago at a small local card show a vendor was there who had a great option for the larger cards. He mentioned he thought he was the only one manufacturing these, and he custom designed them. I am not sure if that is true, but I searched EVERYWHERE online for something like this with zero luck until bumping into him.

As you can see, the sheets hold 6 cards a page, and the cards are in a top loader. There is a little notch to keep the top loaders in place so nothing "swims" around.

As a binder guy, the set is now ready to view and store, doubly protected. I am really excited by this and it's really motivated me to finish this set out. For the spots I don't have cards yet, I have put an empty top loader so the thickness of the complete set is already established, and the sheets won't sag where there is no card.

The only issue is the tallness of the binder, it doesn't fit in my shelving with my other sets. Its a fair trade off though to finally have this set in a binder and looking good.

That thickness is 250 cards. For a 52' Topps set you would probably need two binders, but for the 53 & 54 and the oversize Bowman sets they should all fit into 1. If the sheets were made into 4 pockets with the same size, you could binder up graded cards. Anyhow, thought I would share...I am pretty happy with it...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03

Last edited by Harliduck; 02-22-2013 at 01:03 AM.