View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Bill Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
SANDMOUNTAIN- sounds like you have the right attitude. It's all about having fun. Also, remember that even folks who DO like slabbed and expensive cards can have fun too. .
Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning to knock slabbed/graded cards in any way, I myself just don't want them because they don't fit in with my collection. With T206 I like to put them in a penny bag and toploader then tie them with rubber bands and place them in my safe, The reprints I am putting in a big card ring organizer.

The cards have gotten me back into baseball (fantasy baseball though it be) and for the last three seasons some friends and I have organized a fantasy league and had a BLAST. I am trying to get revenge for the DISMAL season my last Dixie Youth team had in 1983, The 1983 Powell Athletics won nary a game so my fantasy league Phenomenal A's are trying to avenge their record Its all alot of fun. We have 2 people from the 1983 Dixie Youth division in our fantasy squad so we have a good time talking about games when we were kids and competing in head to head games in fantasyland.

Last edited by sandmountainslim; 01-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.