View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Augie & Bill & The Hawkes Nest

I am compelled to comment on 3 "Brick & Morter" stores that have survived and hold to very high standards of honesty and exceptional customer service ethic , In Tomahawk Wisconsin Augie's Collectables have survived three decades by selling the new shiny stuff, buying and selling the occasional vintage card and memorabilia that he buys ( I got a few T206 Tolstoi backs a few years ago) He also buys and sells coins, silver/gold for scrap or other value. Modern jerseys, hats etc. are also offered. Mike at the Hawkes Nest in Woodruff Wi. has a store that if 3 customers are in attendance ....elbows rub. New shiny and the occasional vintage with supplies and lots of tobacco top loads for sale!! Just ask our esteemed board member Frank "Whats Your Monster Number?" Burkett. Hawkes Nest also promotes local shows ( Denny Mclain last year) with autograph guests and used to hold a very cool monthly show at the Woodruff Senior Center until it burned down. He also has stated that he is an "Avid USFL football collector"...so let him know if your selling. Lastly ......Bill Diebold of "Everything Baseball" had (or still does) the coolest clapboard sided, old neighborhood grocery store styled bldg. and offered great vintage. I have no financial interest in any of these business's but just appreciate the selling format and the ability to lean on a counter and pontificate on the way it used to be ( and still should be!)