View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Tell me why I shouldn't start the screwbay revolution

I posted on another thread (one of an endless series) about ebay problems, and I thought this deserved its own thread. My post:

Isn't it about time all of us vintage bb card collectors decided, en masse, to move away from Ebay? Everyone is complaining about their regulations and fees and service. Stop complaining and do something. There is a viable and horribly underutilized option that was presented to us last year...Grand Slam Bids. Currently it has devolved into an exclusively fixed price outlet for cards, but all it needs is our collective decision to stop perpetuating the Ebay madness and switch our focus to their site.

So lets get this thing started. I am a lower condition collector who has hundreds of cards that I plan on listing on Grand Slam for auction at reasonable (at least I think so) opening bids. I plan to start in about a month, when I have scanning and listing time available. Come on everyone, let's screwbay!

Give me reasons why we shouldn't collectively consider using their site as an auction platform for our precious little cards. If we can get enough momentum, both with people listing and checking out their site for cool auctions, we can knock that evilbay out of the loop. Come join me on my crusade!

Brian (the motivator)