View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 07:34 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordfest View Post
I don't understand "extended time." Why do they do this? Seems unfair. Shouldn't there be a set start and end time?
I certainly would not call it unfair, just a differing perspective. The set end times of eBay auctions are logically better for buyers as sniping keeps prices from running up. However, if you are a consigner or auction house, extended time does tend to bring in a larger price. You give continued opportunity for underbidders to keep inching the price higher. It's all logical.

I remember the old days of Ebay and traditional auction bidders not understanding the premise of sniping. I would come in at the end and grab it, which then with the open ID's would bring me at least a couple expletive laden private messages from the bidder I sniped per week. It really took a ton of people till the early 00's to figure out how that worked.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.