View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:55 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
American Pickers were at my dads over the summer filming. His episode aired last Wednesday. If you missed it the episode will rerun next Wednesday at 7pm central (an hour before the next new episode. My dad has a green shirt on and is looking under the hood of an old Crosley car (think old smart car) when they first pull up. He sells Mike a motorcycle coin operated ride on toy and a neon taxi sign among other items. My dad, also named Mike, has known Mike Wolfe many years before the show began airing. When they we're filming at my dads I asked Mike if they ever come across much vintage sports items and he said they didn't. He also said they don't even consider most cards and advertising sports items because of the reproduction factor although I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to learn more about telling the difference between genuine and fake. They left and the next day picked my uncle who lives next door to my dad. His episode airs Nov. 20.
Awesome! i saw that episode.
I think sports is outside of their expertise. They love bikes and motorcycles, but seem to steer clear of sports stuff. They'll pay hundreds for some old motorcycle part that i wouldnt know from a boat anchor, but i would imagine overlooking some nice sports antiques.
As for their prices, i bet the stuff that gets featured on the show brings in an inflated price because people will pay more for something that was made "famous" on an actual American Pickers episode.
I enjoy the show though, but like you guys, wish they'd find some sportscards/memoribilia once in a while.