View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

"wassa hapening scam artist"

A little insight into Chan...

Funny picture of the Donger I know…but I’m sorry Mr. Chan “No more yankee my wankee” I’m calling BS.

I don’t buy the “it was an innocent mistake or a game to see what you can get slabbed.”

No offense fooling PSA or any grading company really isn’t that hard, it ends up like being the tallest midget who would you brag too.

You fooled these grading companies and collectors for one reason greed pure and simple. That makes you a con artist at best! But more like a clown and a no good crook.

I guess the email below was also an innocent mistake. You know Chan the one when you try to convince the current owners of the Hart card not to sell it to me. Also the one where you said you didn’t own the Revelle and hinted at shill bidding….

In fact I have seen quite a few emails in which Mr. Chan lies about these cards.

To Pat Chan….from Hart owners.

Pat,
Actually I'm still trying to get the complete back set but a nice condition Broadleaf 460 is a killer to get ... as well as the OM double overprint. Do you have any idea as to how after so many years with no OM overprints ever seen, now in addition to the one I have, yours, the one on REA and the T206 Museum [all in black ink] they all of a sudden seem to be available? Do you think these are all from the same group and are there others that you know of? And how will that affect the prices? The price on REA does seem low so far.”

Response from Chan…

“I am not certain, but I think those single overprint backs could be from the same group and the double overprints in t206museum is from the other found with all those T210s. Regards to their values, I think if I don't sell mine and u don't sell yours in the near future then our single overprint backs can still hold the value. I think they "all of a sudden" available to the market mainly due to the booming of Internet and Net54 forum. I think as long as we keep our overprints in low key and hoping the new owner of the overprint from REA isn't a flipper then we should be ok. I am tempting to win that overprint from REA if it stays under 5k.”

I guess that above is more of those innocent mistakes…right Chan?

Funny to me it seems like a scam artist covering a mess knowing the heat is on, and lying once again to nice collectors. Also seems funny you would bid on your own card in REA…besides why bid and spend money just make a few more.

But please don’t’ make more than say 11 or you’ll screw up your rarity list on your website T206musuem.com.

http://www.t206museum.com/page/ch_scbklt.html

It’s all bull because…

You don’t on a whim produce a stamp which I’m sure took time and energy, stamp cards and get them graded. Then produce a website to hype fake cards with website full of fake finds and bogus articles about cards you made.

You also don’t accidently consign cards to auction houses and sign contracts with folks like Rob Lifson and sell your creations.

Let me guess Mr. Chan would have accidently taken that 35k for the fake “Double Bar” OP on the website T206museum.com as well if someone arranged payment?

You will also notice by some miracle the links and articles on these amazing rare “Black” Old Mill overstrikes are no longer up….hmmm wonder why.

Chan you’re crazy for T206’s alright.

So crazy that you would scam, cheat and screw any collector of T206’s you can find to take advantage of for your own gain.

The sad and truly horrible thing out of this whole mess is the fact that he has now created a mess of fake information that many amateur T206 collectors took as gospel from a trusted source T206musuem.com.

Also even more crazy if you will is that he will most likely walk when all is said and done. He should be having some hot cups of...while in his jail cell.

The facts are simple…

The website http://www.t206museum.com/page/index.html is a website that uses genuine information as an avenue to produce and hype forged T206 oddities. You should avoid any dealings with the webmasters and owners of this site unless they can come forward and prove their innocence.

One funny note just before this went public today these very folks after Rob Lifson made a donation to the site. Emailed Rob to let him know that this lot was not legit…yet the same folks consigned and hyped the fake Revelle in the same auction…LOL what a great bunch of guys.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=11697

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=11728

“Black” Old Mill Overprints double or single are fakes. They were made by one collector for the purpose of obtaining real cards from innocent collectors.

Don’t count on grading companies to protect you from guys like Chan as it is very clear that won’t be your best line of defense.

Always trust your nose guys and do your homework or even ask questions from the many knowledgeable folks here.

IMPORTANT if you have had any dealings with Patrick Chan on questionable cards or have fallen victim to one of these fake overprints please email me and I will make sure to get your information to the proper authorities.

Thanks for reading hopefully the hobby is a little safer today...but not by much…

Cheers,

John

*had to add second post as first post was to long for new forum*

**All the cards pictured are off the market and will be destroyed, if you are aware of any others let me know**

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-09-2009 at 10:09 AM.