Thread: T207 Anonymous
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Mike

Default T207

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
From this thread it seems that T207 Anon Factory 3's are widely accepted as not only Coupons, but also T207. Why is this not hotly contested by T207 experts?
(formatting mine)

While I don't consider myself a T207 expert, I do like the set and have studied it a bit.

On T207 and Factory 3, there are mysteries. As for the Coupon aspect of things, I'll say I'm decidedly unconvinced, but would not be surprised to find that they were not (intended to be) Coupon. The current explanations are convenient, but not persuasive, though I agree with Rhett in that it is an easy/logical/not-so-big leap to make . Not enough research has been done in the area to rule it in or out, IMO.

I'm making an assumption here as to the second part of your question, but as to whether or not they are T207 - the way T213-1 are considered not T206 by many/most(?)) - I'd say that most board members who care about would say "Burdick didn't separate them, we shouldn't either". Yes, they are a subset, were produced with (only slightly) different stock, have identical fronts ... but here we are. To me they are clearly T207, more so than T213-1 are T206. The fact that Anon Fac 25 also exist may make it easier to call them all T207 than to separate them

To an earlier point, Lionel Carter almost certainly knew of the Anon Fac 25 cards (examples were in his collection)... whether he did in 1956, though ... hard to say

--
Mike