View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 01:11 PM
Doug Goodman

My response to their initial "These two sellers are related companies and they cross-list items to expand coverage" response:

"That's a really simple answer for a more complicated issue.

There were two auctions listed on your site for the same item with overlapping timelines, that's not something that should be allowed to happen.

Two sellers from "related companies" selling the SAME ITEM for more coverage? I'm sorry but that's, for lack of a better term, kind of fucked up.

It looks like the bids for the listing that I did not bid on were transferred to the listing that I did bid on, some would consider this to be shill bidding.

Not a good look."
xxxxx

Liveauctioneers responed this morning :

"We do not allow shill bidding, this is definitely not something tolerated on the site.

I can review the transcript of any specific lots so I can explain it more in detail.

Did you bid in any of these lots?

Please let me know and I can further investigate."
xxxx

My response (with a stolen and uncredited Adam quote) :

"I was the opening bid for the auction I lost, the one that ended last with bids.

After bidding I discovered that there was a second auction for the same item that ended before mine which already had bids, so I never bid again or really paid attention except to send you guys my original email to point out that there were two listings for the same item.

After the auction that I bid in closed I received a note from that I had lost.

Checking the bid histories on the two auctions the first auction (which I didn’t bid in) “passed” and the one that I bid in seemed to have had the bids from the first auction moved to it. Conveniently the high bid in the second auction was $10 below the opening bid in the “passed” auction.

Your initial response to my enquiry is “These two sellers are related companies and they cross-list items to expand coverage.” Sorry, but that’s just a clever shill technique. Run two auctions, jack one up to build excitement, and wait for the marks to jump on the real one.

I have thousands of these posters, hundreds of them signed. No way did a Snyder poster sell for $600, I’m of the opinion that the company that sold it (which is evidently two “related” companies) still has the item and we will be seeing it for sale again at some point in the future.

I certainly could be wrong, and have no specific proof, but where there is smoke there is generally fire."
xxxx