View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 06:47 AM
James Gallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
Gentlemen I can use some guidance. Wondering about etiquette of submitting cards to an auction house for them to send to PSA.

Once the cards come back, do I have to consign the cards to the auction? I know I am liable and of course will pay the PSA costs. But I now have second thoughts of consigning the cards.

Do I have to go through with it or can I ask for the cards back after paying the PSA fees?

Interested in all your takes and perhaps an AH or two will chime in as well.
This may no apply to vintage as much but I did the grading with Goldin, from there site they do state you do not have to consign the cards with them. Unfortunately even though this process was supposed to speed up the sale of the cards they sat for two months before the process got started and I requested them back yesterday.

I do a lot of submissions myself so this was a case where they were cards I planned to sell and would have sent to them anyway so it was just easier to not put out the money before hand, however they screwed it up and that was the end for me.

I guess my question would be why are you having an auction house do the submission if you aren't selling. I don't like losing control of the cards and I feel there is a strong likely hood 1 card was damage but I can't say by who or when so I am stuck there.

Anyway just my thoughts

James G