View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
All of the PO scanners now have GPS, so a supervisor can tell exactly where and when the delivered scan was made. It takes about 2 minutes for the supervisor to track the package, export the info into google maps, and see the exact location of the package when it was scanned. You can even tell if the package was delivered to the front door, or put in the garage, etc.

I would look it up for you, but I retired two weeks ago () so I no longer have access to the Postal Service info.

It is very easy for a clerk or Supervisor or Postmaster to look this up for you.

Rick
Allow me to second this. My wife worked for the USPS and taught me how to resolve issues.

Call or go into the Post Office and ask for a delivery supervisor. Be nice and respectful, acknowledge you know they are busy and ask for their help. Going in hot and pissy is not the best route to get results.

And anything can happen. There was a postal delivery guy in Montgomery, AL that got arrested because they found he was taking mail home and burning it. He couldn't keep up, was needing help and was nearing the end of his initial 90 days, and all of a sudden started finishing his route an hour early and was helping others. A few people saw him putting his mail bag in his truck before going back in the office a few times and reported him. About 3 weeks later the Postal Inspector went to his home and found he had dug a 5-6' deep pit in his back yard and was burning everything. I guess he was at least smart enough to deliver the tracked packages and take home the magazines and other stamped mail.