View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Peter F

Default Why It's My Log-In Name/Story

Grew up being driven down to the WillowGrove show from Brooklyn by my parents when I was about 12-13 in 1977/78. They would usually walk around with me for a bit then give me 20 bucks and they'd go off antiquing.

I distinctly remember buying 1934 Goudey Luke Appling for three dollars and fifty cents and being pretty darn happy. I also still have the Bob Gibson rookie that cost me two quarters and the 62 koufax that was $3.00.

I was just a kid but my memories were of seeing all this amazing old stuff at what seemed like table after table. MY eyes would bug out of my head. I remember staring at an Allen & Ginter Cap Anson for like 5 minutes straight until the dealer offered to let me hold it. It was in a plastic sheet that was cut down to size.

Bought a lot of cards, went to the show about 10 times. So special to me I made it my name on our forum.

Ted I didn't know I was buying from you at the national until I met up with some fellow Net54ers and they told me. Thanks for a fair price on a couple common t206's. Hope to see you east of the mississippi sometime.

peter