View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I suppose a new subsection could be added to the B/S/T section called member wantlists or something like that, and maybe each member is given one "post" to lay out all he wants (or even adding all he has to trade), which can be revised as need be. That would be somewhat searchable through the advance search function, where you can limit your search for say "Cobb" to that section and all members with a Cobb card on their list would be identified. I still have not been able to see the search function capture quoted phrases or use other means so that you could find "1915 Cobb" or "Crackerjack Cobb"-- as I understand it such a search would yield all 1915s and all Cobbs or all Crackerjacks and all Cobbs. If there are search refinements/filters that I'm missing, great and please share, but that's a possible start. [Being in the B/S/T would require membership too, so you wouldn't be bothered by outsiders and would have a little more privacy from unwanted solicitations--there at least would be accountability]
My guess is that if something is done it will be akin to this. There are multiple reasons not everyone visiting the site can get into certain sections. So I can see the WLS (Want List Section) being in the BST section, if it is something adopted....Thanks for the feedback so far. For the record, there are newer versions of our s/w which might do easier searches but I don't think this update is something I want to initiate a major board revision for. Our version of s/w is still fully supported by the mfg and is being updated with patches and fixes as needed.....

Last edited by Leon; 06-14-2015 at 09:42 AM.