View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:49 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBeef View Post
A little more information concerning the thought all are fakes. i do not feel one can know that for sure from a bunch of low res photos on a website, but what do i know. That is why I ask. Am willing to listen and learn.
#1 is that the stocks are almost all completely wrong at even a quick glance. These are not good fakes requiring detailed examination. The Wagner/Cobb is a card that does not even exist at all. There are numerous other indicators regarding the wear, aging patterns, color washout etc. Some of them, if you look them up on Etsy, are also clearly a copy of those fakes and that was the origin source.

Any time we have a thread like this, a number of folks will ID the fakes that are less egregiously bad or are at an angle that doesn't highlight the stock problem as real. The Fleer Koufax, the Look N See, they are also fakes just slightly better or at an angle that doesn't as clearly highlight the wrong stock problem.

These cards are fake, but the buyer can probably sell them for a considerable profit and pass it. A lot of these routinely hit $100 on eBay from people who don't do research.