View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default Sweet Caporal P2 pins

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I posted about the exact same question you are asking several months ago. At the time, I had several P2s with various backs (a few red, and different factory numbers, same as your examples), and I believe I was told there is no known correlation between red and black backs and factory numbers (I do not rememberthe exact thread title but it had P2 in it). I suppose a large study of P2s might garner such information, as well as a better understanding of other aspects of production, but at least to my knowledge (which is quite limited) has never been done.
Speaking of large studies, this board together could amass incredible information about various sets by commissioning board wide surveys. The ones done so far on T206 have been incredible. If different folks created at least one per week the burden would be spread more evenly. Even someone like myself, who does not collect sets, would volunteer to start a thread even if it is for a set I do not have a card of. Of course I believe the first thing we need to do is identify which sets are most important to survey (and for what reasons)
Sorry for the above rambling. In a short response to your post from a limited knowledge perspective, there is no correlation between color backs and factory numbers, however there might be between players and factory numbers, or something else, or nothing at all. Only a large study/survey will solve this question in my limited knowledge opinion.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com