View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Great article. I agree with pretty much everything he said.

As a lawyer I always take my time to write out a legible signature when I sign letters and court filings. It shows that I give a damn. I can't read most of friends signatures - one of them signs his name with two loops. It seems like poor form and a lack of pride to me.
For almost 30 years I have reviewed (hundreds of) thousands of legal documents and I am amazed at the lack of pride that most attorneys have in their signature. Yet, like a Harvard graduate, they will not hesitate to point out to you that they are attorneys. You have two things in life that matter, your name and your signature, why not make yourself proud of both of them. Being a lefty is no excuse either. I am a left handed male and always get compliments from females that my handwriting, including signature is so legible.

As one of the other posters mentioned, Ted Williams, along with Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Bob Feller and others signed thousands of very legible signatures for hours straight. Even some of the less than accommodating stars like Bo Jackson and Jerk..er I mean George Brett provided at least a somewhat legible scribble.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”