View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:23 AM

Default SUCCESS-- Lets make a Trade Club -- The DelMarVaPa+ Trade Club

Leon, apologies if this is the wrong place for this (obviously move if necessary):

About a month ago, a friend I met through card collecting came to my house with a container full of cards and we spent 2 hours looking at each other's collection and swapping stories. It was a ton of fun and it took me back to kid-days, when I would roll to a friend's house with binders of cards and we would trade the day away and show our collections off. I have had the itch to trade ever since Jack came over a month ago, and I have now decided to try something:

Would any East-Coasters be interested in getting a group together (15-20 people) to trade and just show cards to one another? We could use my office and we can pick a weekend that works for most (and does not conflict with a Chantilly, Philly, White Plains show). Just an old-fashioned gathering of card collectors spending a day sharing and trading?

I live outside of DC and my office is in Crofton, MD, which is smack in the middle of DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. I know there are many collectors living in MD and nearby states, including PA & NJ, who would appreciate the networking, the chance to show off their collection, trade, and feel like a kid again. One thing, however: I am interested in serious collectors and serious cards. I am not saying everyone needs Goudey Ruths and Cracker Jack Cobbs, but nobody needs to see a binder of raw-mid grade 1976 topps or your 82 Topps Cal Ripken PSA 8....

Anyway, pm or email me (rhotchkiss@horizonlandco.com) if interested, and if I get enough interest, I will put a group together and we will see how it goes.

Ryan

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 04-28-2018 at 12:08 PM.