View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Greg

I have to tell you this....I'm somewhat suspicious of these Movie Stars cards. Here is the seller's comments..........

" I will be breaking down a full 48 card high grade set ..this set is hard to find in any condition let alone in such exceptional shape.

This is the only set i've ever had of these cards and i've only seen a few singles pop up here and there.

At the end of the card listings i'll be listing the original 4 colored boxes in separate auctions...don't miss out on those ever rarer boxes.

These cards were issued in the late 1940s or early 1950s by A.J. Wildman & Son Titled "Screen Star Subjects"

card measures; 21/4 x 3 7/16 " with blank backs...the backs are clean unless specified.

These cards are seem very similar to the Bond Bread cards made of sports cards which were made in 1947 and fetch a pretty penny.

Please examine scans and ask questions...i will point out any flaws not seen on the scan.

After some discussion in the hobby it appears these may in fact be Bond Bread cards.

They are the same size,card stock,shape as the Baseball cards issued in 1947 which also were issued in 12 card boxes.
"

I don't know of anyone who pulled Movie Star cards out of Bond Bread loaf packages in 1947. Furthermore, the beveled corners of his
Movie Stars are unlike those of the original 1947 BB cards (whose corners were factory die cut). And, it absolutely does NOT make any
sense (if these cards were marketed in the 12-card packs) for them to have beveled corners.

Something does not jive here. Unless they were hand trimmed to resemble the 1947 issue, so he (or someone) could jack-up their price.

Incidentally, the 48 square cornered BB cards (circa 1949) were marketed by "Sports Star Subjects" in those four 12-card packs.

TED Z