View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Bill, I would think your first idea, the T206 Johnson port. is about as good as it gets. It's my absolute favorite card ever made. I had one a few years back and is one of only a handful of cards I wish I hadn't have sold (needed the money for a new house). The 4 on 1 exhibit with Gehrig and DiMaggio is super sweet too. Go with your gut, pick one you think you will never get tired of and you probably won't.
Good luck and enjoy it all!
PS - I feel your Brewer pain, I'm a White Sox fan. At least you guys have some good building blocks (Segura, Gomez etc.). We don't have much and a crap farm system to boot.
I really love the Johnson. Arguably the greatest pitcher to ever play the game, in the greatest set ever produced, and a card with tremendous eye appeal. I will definitely look at what's out there, and who knows, I could be surprised. But there's a very good chance that by the time the end of the year rolls around, that is in my collection.

I mentioned in another thread that right now, I'd have to say my three favorite cards ever made are the T206 Johnson portrait, the 1953 Bowman Color Stan Musial, and the 1958 Topps Roberto Clemente. My fear is once I own all three, you guys might never see me again, lol.

If you read a story about a guy clutching an SGC-slabbed T206 Johnson portrait, calling it "the precious", you'll know what happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
You could always reneg on the deal. He understands that well.
Thankfully, I don't anticipate having any dealings with him.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.