View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Dave

Glad I was wrong. I had almost written the Yanks off after that devastating Game 2 loss, but Severino and Tanaka really picked them up in the next 2 games, and CC did just enough before Girardi made the decision to take him out at the perfect time.

On the Aaron Judge front, it was really frustrating to watch him at the plate from a Yankees fan standpoint, but it is encouraging to know that he is very capable of taking walks.

Even the Strikeout/Throwout that happened when he was at the plate in Game 5, should have technically been a Walk with men on 1st and 2nd.

He has an excellent eye and a patient approach for the most part. His biggest problem is he is so big and his strike zone tends to be so big that it gets him in trouble, especially with Umps behind the plate who often unintentionally extend his strike zone even bigger then it should be.

I think with his approach, he would be one of the best beneficiaries of a computer calling balls and strikes in the game, instead of an umpire doing it behind the plate. He could have confidence an outside force isn't going to the pushing the boundaries of his already huge strike zone.

Houston is also a great team. In a 7 game series the bullpen is going to have to be even better then they were against the Indians. Betances is going to have to get his sh*t together, because we will need him to be his occasionally dominant self this time around.