View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for posting those pics, David. It is indeed too bad when great items aren't shared with the public at certain venues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
My wife and I spent one of the happiest weeks of our lives in Cooperstown in 2007. Stayed at the Otesaga, visited the HOF on three different days, visited the Farmers Museum and the Fenimore Art Museum and went for a few idyllic country drives. It was in late September so the foliage was strutting its stuff and we had C'town to ourselves. Walking knee-high in leaves by all the old homes on the way to the Hall from the hotel is one of those "happy places" I go to in my head when my day ain't going right. The HOF is not one of those places you want to blitzkrieg in 90 minutes. If you've ever been to the Vatican it's kind of like that, only crammed to the rafters with baseball relics that you'll want to savor. I realize that with a toddler in tow your parameters are going to be different so maybe treat your visit like a recon patrol then bring Junior Boy back in seven or eight years and rip the place apart.

It's a shame to hear that the baseball card exhibit has disappeared. Whose bright idea was that? Here are some snaps I took of the vintage cabinet. (They had a modern display too but I was disdainful of "shiny crap" back then and ignored it).