View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
I'm not a fan of shilling but if that was a card I wanted I would set a snipe at the number I'm comfortable, and at the same time notify Rick about the activity. He may ban those bidders and you might get the card at a good price. Worst case scenario you pay what your comfortable paying for the card.
Hello, Matt. You're pretty new to the board, but there have been several threads over the last couple of years about Probstein's consignors shilling their own auctions. Rick was notified and did absolutely nothing about it. This was back when you could link eBay transactions by the buyer's and seller's feedback, but eBay has since decided to protect the shillers and make it nearly impossible to determine that anymore.

One shiller, Joseph M Pankiewicz, would buy cards on eBay, consign them to Rick and bid on his own cards. This was clearly evident from the bid history. This was all done by username and feedback, but again, eBay has decided they want to protect shillers and that is no longer possible. At the time, it was brought to Rick's attention, he chose to do nothing about it. Last time I looked, he still allows Panky to consign.