View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
He's not collecting the card, he's collecting the grade.

There are 9's out there in the same condition, just a LOT cheaper.

He's a status collector, he collected the status of being a grade 10 - 1 of 4 in a certain circle of collectors that no else is admitted in this circle unless they want to pay that amount also.

There is an app for the iphone called the "I am rich" app, and it consists of a red jewel that shows up on your iphone and that's all it does.

It cost 1000 dollars and some people have bought it for the sole status of saying that they own it and have the means to own it.

He can buy the ozzie smith if he wants to. but he's not buying card or even the condition, he's buying the status, grade 10 - 1 of 4.

If he took it out of the holder, it would still be the same card in the same condition, but he couldn't show others the #10 on the holder anymore and it wouldnt be worth the money even though it is the same card.

i don't know who the guy is, he collects for his own reasons, and others collect for their reasons too, and we don't have to agree.

If he paid 10 million for the card you would think he was still sane? we just have different sane thresholds and #10 cards going for that kind of money crossed my threshold a while ago.

but he can go for it and knock himself out. It's a free country.
Oh I see what you mean, Travis. So the collector who purchased the below piece of crap with the Todd Mueller Autographs cert, bought the cert and not the autograph.

Jeter-TMueller-Forgery.jpg