View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
In any case except where a seller offers "no returns", buyers remorse is a valid reason for return.
And, if the seller does offer returns, a buyer's remorse return is automatically "approved" w/o the sellers consent. However, in a case such as this, the buyer is responsible for the cost of returning and the seller is not obligated to refund any of the original s/h paid by the buyer. In other words, the buyer is only compensated for the item itself and is on the hook for s/h both ways.

With "free returns", my understanding is that the seller is able to approve all returns. This would be especially important with lower dollar items as the return s/h may cost the seller more than the item itself so ebay allows the seller the option to refund and let the buyer keep the item.

Rarely, have I had this happen, but this past week I had a buyer "not like" a $2 card. They paid $3 for the original s/h, and as I do not offer free returns, $2.66 to return the item. As the return was automatically approved, all I could do was scratch my head as this guy is out $5.66 and has no card????

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 06-20-2018 at 12:46 PM.