View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Again, couldn't the same thing be said about not purchasing a PSA membership and piggy backing off others submissions? If only 100 people do it, that's $10K in lost revenue by PSA. If a 1000 people do it, that's $100K in lost revenue. And so forth. I'm still asking somebody to explain why it's okay to take advantage of somebody else's PSA membership, but not a VCP membership? Nobody can give a valid explanation.

And that's just one example of splitting a membership. I can give several others that most of us have done.
How about this - When you pay your $100 for a PSA membership, you also get 6 free submissions plus some other gift (hardcover book, etc). That pretty much covers your membership fee. If someone else wants to submit cards via my membership, they are not getting the 6 free subs, book, etc - they are only getting a paid service. I think the freebies with PSA is the main thing separating this from the VCP question, since VCP is only a service with no other services or tangible goods offered at time of membership payment.