View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 08:16 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
you sound like you stepping up but offering to pay the difference and also willing to just pay......i just want to add that if i ever received a 2nd chance offer from a seller i never buy it...i also really downgrade the seller in my eyes as he could be legit..or he could just be using a shill and 'won' the card by accident....if someone won one of my aucitons i wouldnt do a 2nd chance auction to the underbidder for those reasons..
This is exactly why I don't do 2nd Chance offers either, unless it is an item that I clearly could and do have multiples of the exact same item. That wouldn't be the case with graded cards.

My suggestion, if he is willing to work with you, is to run the item at auction again and allow you to just pay the difference between what it sells for the second time and what you won it for. The second time around will be less, but if you're paying the difference, wouldn't be as much a concern for him.

I might also say I sympathize somewhat with the seller, as it's no fun to think you just got a record-high price for something, only to get sucker-punched with a renege or accusation of shilling. Even if he successfully wades through the muck to the other side of the deal, all that added work and negotiation takes a bit of the shine off of the initial high of the sale. I've been there plenty of times, and just wished the winner had stayed out of it to begin with so that the underbidder would have won it at a lesser, but still satisfying, price.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 04-24-2016 at 08:18 AM.