View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Rest assured if someone reached out to me I would be glad to share my thoughts. As it is I was just trying to add a little humor to a thread that is difficult at best.

There's really no simple fix for these guys other than time. Frankly I think what will serve them best is actually having subsequent auctions as right now I imagine this still looks like a Battlefield fire sale to a lot of our members. Their protestations of wanting to establish long term relationships don't mean much until they've actually demonstrated that they are going to be around for the long haul. That along with the other issues mentioned are going to create a suspicion that's nearly impossible to until some history that runs counter to that which Battlefield has created is established.
All they have to do is offer graded cards. Next to none of the issues raised by this thread would exist had they done so. IMO, the choice not to do so -- combined with the refusal to offer any recourse if your opinion or a TPG's opinion is different than their self-serving one -- is telling.

If all those raw cards work out, then great, next time (ex post) we'll know better. But ex ante, too many red flags for me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-07-2018 at 09:23 AM.