Thread: Dumb question?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
So, I'm looking at purchasing a PSA card (name and set withheld because deal isn't done yet - willing to reveal when completed) that is a PSA 6. I go to the pop report for this card and ... PSA doesn't list a 6. (Unless this is a VERY good fake it is a legitimate PSA holder).

The PSA pop report lists 3 PSA 5s and one PSA 8 Q. This PSA 6 is miscut, so it seems POSSIBLE that someone re-holder the PSA 8Q into a PSA 6 holder.

Or I suppose someone couold have resubmitted a 5 and gotten a higher grade.

But doesn't PSA updated their pop report when they do this???

Seems outrageous to me that they would not update the report and provide accurate information. How do I know if I'm buying the PSA 8 Q or one of the PSA 5s? Isn't that part of the service we pay you for PSA?

Cheers,
Patrick

Patrick-

I purchased the Allegheny Mathewson graded PSA-5 after the previous owner got greedy with it as a PSA-6 and resubmitted it. Now, even thought the Allegheny cards are all 1-of-1, PSA pop report shows both the PSA-5 & PSA-6.

So, they are displaying how many grades they have made, which is very different from an actual population report. IMO

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente