View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
The answer to that question is simple, I buy collections ALL OF THE TIME that have been sold by me, or any of the other reputable dealers that have been mentioned here . Either from the original collector or their estates. I will occasionally ask to see a bill of sale but never a COA.
Most realize a substantial profit too over what they originally paid, especially over the span of the last 30, 20 or even 5 years.

And who better to sell to then the fellow that helped build your collection in the first place , lended free advice, gave opinions for free, and helped the collector avoid many of the hobby's horror stories.

In fact I recieve on average a collection or two a week and negotiate a deal. Maybe once a year I have to send a collection back because we can't agree on price but I honestly can't remember the last time I've ever had to send one back.
That's a great point, Jim. This thread had done a pretty good job making me feel awful about my autograph collection but what you wrote above makes me feel a lot better. And to think, it was a pretty obvious concept that I should have thought of myself...like Richard, keep up the good work!

PS...forgot to say thanks as I picked up a really nice Allie Reynolds from you a couple weeks back. Hope he gets in the Hall some day...great pitcher!
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.