View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Bill Hedin

Default Thanks, Steve B!

Hi Steve,
Like I said, you started a really great thread!
I'm due to call my pal Bob Thing and with this topic hot, I'll be calling him later this evening.
I have a dozen questions ready for Bob's input already. Including the pre- Rotman/RW Baldwin details.
I recall a dealer at the 1979 Detroit show who had one of the logo binders full of sheets that specifically fit standard T cards and I recall this collector telling and showing me that not every T card ( E and N as well as other cards)fit in the sheets.

I've begun wondering about card storage/display prior to plastic sheets. I remember some old-timers in the 70's who used a basic mounting system with scrap books and corner hinges. I always felt that method would be problematic as far as the corners and fading issues.

Steve, I think I still have a box of the MVP "Patriotic" test sheets which came 99 in a box with 33 red/white/vlue tinted sheets!

I'll dig up some answers from our friend Bob in Maine and I'll share the details tonight! Should you have any particular questions to relay to Bob, email me at: bh3443@aol.com. It will be my pleasure to help in any way.

Regards,
Bill Hedin