View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Well, my theory which originated from the most recent Hake Auctions definitely held true once again last night in REA. It seems that there is at least one and quite possibly more new collectors with very, very, very deep pockets who have jumped into the Negro League memorabilia market as evidenced by many incredible final prices in REA last night. It seems that the more electic stuff the better for them, with not a lot of interest paid to the more "common" cards such as Toleteros, Caramelo, etc. It's tough going up against someone who has the resources and is willing to pay "whatever it takes" to pick up quality items.

I am wondering if anyone else has been sharing my frustration of not being able to pick up any quality NL pieces lately?
Hello, I am! ....but im not one of those recent elite bidders...just based on my history of understanding auctions and such, whomever these bidders are, there would likely be at least 2 of them. Until about 2 months ago, i never even heard of HAKES, and ive been in hte Sports Market for my whole life..i went to Hakes thinking, for a steal...wooof, just the opposite! lol