View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 AM
Mike C@.v3

I think the Angels got off somewhat cheap with the signing of Trout. Arguably the best all around player in the game and at a very young age...could have asked for $30 mill a year and most likely got it. But I'm sure he'll get even more than that when his next contract is due.

As for Cabrera...the ten year deal is stupid and there's no doubt that they rarely ever work out for the team. However, you see some of these stars signing this sort of deal and I believe that what they are doing in this scenario is paying him for what he has already accomplished the past few years...something very rare with the two triple crowns. Maybe this sort of deal was what Miggy wanted and nothing less. What are the Tigers gonna do? Say no thanks and let him walk? We know that's not gonna happen. These teams make way too much money and can waste some, especially on the best hitter in all of baseball. Worth it if you ask me

The Hamilton and Pujols deals...yeah, the Angels look pretty dumb for those two signings.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48