View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
So, technical difficulties are often out of our control. Some of our members received numerous emails last night reminding them that our auction is ending on Thursday. This was a bug in the email program that effected some (but not all) of our members and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our IT guys are working as best they can to make sure it does not happen again.

To my surprise, some of the anger in the emails (and the guarantees that they would never bid with us again) was quite surprising. I like to think that of all the major auction houses, we send out emails about as infrequently as possible, as I know that I don't like receiving a lot of emails from the auction companies either.

This was not the case of me sitting in my office with my finger on the "send" button - it was a glitch in the program, that has never happened before and hopefully will never happen again.

For all those that sent us emails about how we are "obnoxious" and "classless" for sending multiple emails, I assure you, it was not intentional and we are sorry - sometimes computers don't operate as we ask them to.

Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com
More important, is your chat room working?