View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 04:46 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default Thursday National Report

Out the door at 8AM and right to the venue. VIP ticket holders are directed to this ballroom and at 9:30 the rope drops and I’m in the show. First stop was to complete the sale of that big card I mentioned yesterday but it turns out the card is not in hand so I’ll have to complete the deal at home no biggie. Yesterday I walked each aisle going the same way as the row numbers are aligned but today I walked the other way, (like crossing the street at each numbered Aisle) and I was again able to cover the whole show.
I picked up two lower grade 1952 Bowman Large football wrappers marked $60 crossed off to $40 I offered $20 then bought two of them for $30 haha. Biggest purchase of the day was a 1961 Post baseball #73 Chuck Estrada SP card and a key for us set builders I paid $145 I think. I bought four 1955 Topps Double Headers for $10 each you don’t see these around much I did see a slabbed Ted Williams for $300 which is good I think but what do I know?

I bought a nice stack of 1950 Topps License Plates from a dealer I know and want to support $2 each it’s a fun set but the numbers are tough to read lol. Bought a 1959 Topps #543 Corsair Outfield Trio for the doubles box priced at $20 which was good exempt the next table had one at $10 so I bought that one too. I picked up two 1966 Venezuelan Topps cards $5 each just to put a couple examples with my set. Spent all day digging through bargain bins and I found quite a few like 1970 Monogram Models “Beer Wagon” for $1 it’s the little things right? I did finish 1971 Globetrotters set with the white backs and enjoyed speaking to that vendor who knows his Globetrotter stuff.
After many hours walking the floor I get into like a brain fog seeing the same cards over and over. I did walk through the corporate areas also spent time in the breakers area one vendor “What-Not” has a carnival game set up where you roll a ball (like skee ball) and the plastic horses move to the finish line the winner gets a prize it actually looked pretty cool.
Last year eBay gave away some very cool cards from (DJ SKEE maybe) and they are again this year but you have to participate and do business with several of their sponsors so I’m out of that unfortunately.
I guess I spent about half of of what I did yesterday my billfold is still stuffed with $3,000 or so in reserve and $5,000 loaded in PayPal but I have a feeling I’ll be bringing home cash for our local show in a week or so.
Dinner was at The Black Cat bar and it was fine they have a meeting area and our club OBC may use it for our swap session Saturday night. Ended the night with a NJ staple Gelato cherry flavored with vanilla custard mixed in I first tried this at my sons house in Easton at a place called Rita’s. Lights out 10:30
Here’s a picture of me holding a fifteen million dollar Mantle?
Larry