View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Steve

Hey Scott,

That's great advice, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm Going to do something similar...stepping down a notch in grade (I actually like the visual appeal of slightly rounded corners, call me crazy!) but keeping them the the holders...it makes it easy to move things around, and I don't have to worry about anything when sharing my collection with relatives (some of the younger ones are prone to dropping things...)

I do plan on disposing of some higher grade examples...selling off ones I know are good, and getting the TPG to buy back ones that I can show are bleached.

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Steve, think about going for an ungraded mid-grade set, choosing cards for visual appeal. Get them cheap, sell off cards you don't like as you find decent upgrades. I've been doing it that way, with the added twist of finding something 'odd' about most of my keepers and upgrading to 'more odder' keepers; e.g: tough backs, two names, misfits, etc. A nice thing about doing it the 'ungraded' way, is that you won't care as much if you think a card might be trimmed - as long as you like it, you keep it. Final benefit: sell off those slabs for big bucks and replace with cheap tobacco top loaders that allow you to easily access your cards and see their true beauty.