View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default So, let's say eBay is gone....

Posted By: Bryan Long

Ebay is not going anywhere. Whether we like it or not, there will always be an ebay or an ebay-like imposter. The "common" collector has a great resource to sell items while not being forced to deal with auction houses. As someone who speaks from experience, dealing with auction houses can be very nerve-racking - and it is not their fault. If you have never done it before there are a ton of questions that neither party can answer. Ebay, for some reason, doesn't seem to have that associated with them. At least not for me.
Now is a great time to buy cards - if you can afford it. Prices on a ton of cards have fallen, but like others have said here . . . there will always be some cards that will hold value no matter what market we are in. Cobb, Johnson, Matty and others will always be on demand. Other pre-war cards have dropped in price, but in time those cards will go right back up as well. Buy while you can, as long as you don't have to sell them soon. I wish I had a much bigger card budget.