View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Are UZIT cards as scarce as BROAD LEAF 460 cards ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Around 1990, I received a letter from an old time collector who was selling off his collection. Among the offerings was this group of 27 Uzits which he was asking $1250 for, or about $46 a card. I passed. The reason I did so- and are you ready for this- I felt it would be too difficult to resell such a large group, and that I would end up getting stuck with a bunch of them.

I equate my decision to pass with Decca Records decision to pass on the Beatles after their January, 1962 audition because, in their reasoning, who would want to listen to a rock-and-roll guitar band? The point is not to wallow in my stupidity but to suggest that it would be virtually impossible to put together a group of 27 Broadleaf 460's in a lifetime, or nearly impossible for sure. And although it's a small sample, it's enough to tell me that BL 460's are much more difficult to acquire than Uzits.

Hi Barry

I have to chuckle over your..... "but to suggest that it would be virtually impossible to put together a group of 27 Broadleaf 460's in a lifetime, or nearly impossible for sure.".

Would you say the same (or even "absolutely impossible") in finding a group of 51 - DRUM's ?

From one collection in 2009, Ron Oser and I counted out 51 cards with DRUM backs....43 were T206's and 8 were T205's. We had adjacent booths at the Philly Show and Ron
brought them over to me, and we sat there like two kids in a candy store sorting out these cards from a T206 find.

So, my point here is that "a group of 27 Broadleaf 460's in a lifetime" is far from an impossible achievement.

Thanks for sharing your story with us....very interesting.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 09-12-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.