View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Steve Birmingham

Here's a Barry with nearly no caption. A decent sized lower border, and the caption just barely visible at the lower edge. The brown is shifted down on this one.

But the same seller had a Schmidt that had a full lower border and no caption. I was sure I'd saved the scan, but haven't found it yet.

re-creating the white background isn't necessary if the original front is simply erased.

Using the same font isn't hard.

using the same ink isn't needed, merely one close to the same color

Using the same method also isn't all that hard. And not entirely required.

duplicating a small section of text on one color is fairly simple. Duplicating the entire image would be a challenge, but may be possible.

As a related question, maybe one that should get its own thread- Where are the wrongbacks? Nearly every other sort of T206 scrap or error has turned up, I would think that at some point a leftover sheet of say 150 series would have been used as makeready sheets or marker sheets for a later series or for a brand that didn't use that image. So there should be at least a handful of 150 only cards with 350 or even 460 backs. (Not saying that these are wrongbacks just that some should exist somewhere. And I'd be more comfortable seeing a common.)

Steve B