View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Sorry guys for being a bit tardy on this thread. A lot of you know that I love collecting cards with goofy colors so these fall right into my wheelhouse.

Here is my little chart on the population headcount of these. I'm sure it's not accurate but I try to keep the excel spreadsheet updated. Someone previously said they had seen 20 different players and that's exactly where I am too on my research. 20 players and 55 (approx) examples overall that I've seen since I've been paying attention. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone has one not on my spreadsheet....

standings
Slaven 5
Gordon 6
Firestein 5
Burch 3
Johnston 4
Curry 2
Leidy 3
Thebo 3
Nagel 5
Blanding 2
Hooks 2
Stringer 2
Jones 3
Yantz 2
Northen 1
Alexander 1
Billiard 1
Kip 2
Munsell 1
Stinson 2
TOTAL 55

My current collection of these sits at 15 players -
Blanding, Burch, Curry, Firestine, Gordon, Hooks, Jones. Kipp, Leidy, Nagel, Northern, Slaven, Stringer, Stinson, Yantz. So I've got a few left to find according to my list.

I've also yet to bring a true t210 Yellow into my collection although that t210 that I have pictured below with all the creases has a lot of yellow in it. I do have a t210 PINK border though. However, I think that we decided that t210s that show up pink are due to some sort of a chemical, whereas orange and yellow borders occured because those cards missed a color pass in their original print runs. Some scans are below, including the t210 pink-bordered Roth that I have. Also interesting is the Reis which has sort of a missing border...

t210oranges.jpg

pink.jpg