View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Joe F.ey

In the past year I have used 3 auction houses to sell autographs:

1. Heritage: The postage paid shipping process was easy and you get email notifications when your item is listed. The site has a great consignor dashboard that makes everything easy to track. I had a baseball sell for $4500 and on the day before the check was due, received a call that the ball was returned based on a condition issue that they missed in the auction description. It was then relisted and resold for $5500, so I made out much better overall. Despite the size of the company, you never have trouble reaching a person one-on-one and everyone is helpful.

2. Goldin: I had to cover the inbound shipping cost and there was zero notification on when the item was listed and how it was listed (lot title, etc.). I only received emails to alert me when the item was received and when the check was released. I consigned an autograph cut valued at $300-$400 and it sold for $350. I had a question about the check process and the guy who emailed me about the check was very friendly and helpful. The check went out pretty quick!

3. REA: Inbound Shipping paid by REA. Staff was super friendly and easy to work with. There was no real notification of when the item was listed and I had to look around to find the lot/title for the item. There was not a helpful consignor dashboard, unless I overlooked it. I consigned a signed program valued at $800-$1000 and it ended up selling for $550. I was surprised at how A premier autograph was not pictured, as well as how the key signature’s full name was not listed in the title (only the last name). I had a lot of trouble finding the listing since the the full name was not coming up in the search - which was baffling to me. A week before auction close I asked about this and the person I spoke to was super friendly and updated the listing with the full name. It sold recently but I haven’t received the check yet - although I hear they are very fast.

Last edited by 1treasuretrove; 05-22-2018 at 07:18 AM.