View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: warshawlaw

But I have no interest in going to Wisconsin in the dead of winter to review materials that I will obtain via subpoena or otherwise shortly. Since SCDA has no problem making these materials available to several collectors free of charge, Instead of my attending, I would request that SCDA make the materials available to a bonded copy service representative I will ask to attend the meeting.

Meanwhile, in regard to the conflict of interests issue, Troy, I think you are missing the point: Jim Beckett sold out his interest in his card shop when it became apparent that if he continued to buy and sell cards his price guides would always be suspected of being vehicles to pump his inventory. The same is true for authenticators who sell their own stuff. As long as Mr. Bushing is a dealer and an authenticator, he will be suspected of using his authenticator's position for personal gain, whether it is directly pimping things he owns as was the case with the DiMaggio bat or benefitting his items by underrating comparable items so that the value of his "better" inventory surges. You see how insidious it is?