View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: Aaron

Hey, Troy:

In your post re: SCDA's ethical standards you wrote:

"2. When an authenticator consigns an item to auction, on the back of each letter there is a check box. If an authenticator has any financial interest in that item, the box is checked. This discloses the fact that the authenticator owns the item. The bidder then has the option of 1. accepting that opinion 2. Getting a second opinion 3. Or passing on bidding if the bidder is not comfortable knowing the authenticator owned the item. If potential bidders are concerned about this, please ask the auction house to see the letter before bidding.

3. Also disclosed on the back of the letter is a money back guarantee issued by the authenticator for items that they own. If the piece is sent for another expert opinion and it is found that information was wrong, omitted, or proven to be incorrect, the authenticator, not the auction house, will issue a full refund. Also, the cost of the authentication will be paid for by our authenticator."

I have a couple SCDA LOA's for "game worn" jerseys I won in the August 2004 Mastro and Hunt auctions. Neither of them has a check box or a money back guarantee. (I went back to check to see if I'd been duped by you guys.)

When exactly did your new ethics policy go into effect?