View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Luke Lyon

Ted, did you miss my reply and Pat's reply earlier?

It's cool to try and think outside the box and come up with theories, but this one is completely misguided and replies on false premises. I think it would be better if you made it clear these are just ideas you have when you post stuff like this. You write it as if it's fact, and people who are less knowledgeable about the set might read it and believe it's true because you have a reputation as a guy who knows T206s.

There's no connection between Doyle and the Elite 11 because they are from different print groups. Doyle was never printed on the same sheet with any of the Elite 11 poses.

The Elite 11 poses were never printed side-by-side. You're misunderstanding their connection. They are connected, but it's because their careers changed soon after T206 production began and they were pulled from production early in the Piedmont 350 print run. You actually mention in your post the specific reasons that each players was pulled from the set. So, you do understand it, you're just going one step too far by suggesting that they were printed next to each other on the same sheet.

We know from Pat's research that they were not printed together. They were placed randomly on sheets just like every other pose. In order for all of the Elite 11 poses to be printed together, ALC would have had to sit down at the beginning of T206 production and said, "Alright, Dahlen is going to get released in October 1909, Ewing is going to get traded January 20th 1910, Ganley will get selected off waivers by Philadelphia on May 18th, 1909, Lindaman, Lundgren, and Shaw will be out of the Majors in a year... So, we should place these 11 poses next to each other for easy removal from the set in a year or so."

In other words, they would have had to see into the future in order to place them side-by-side on a sheet. You saying that those 11 poses were next to each other on a sheet is the same thing as me saying all the Hall of Famers from the T206 set were side-by-side on a sheet. I'm using a connection that could only be made years later, and misapplying it.

Here's a Piedmont 150 sheet that shows that Schaefer, Mullin and Lindaman were not next to each other.

https://photos.imageevent.com/patric.../Sheet%203.jpg