View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 07:30 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I prefer to think it's not so much that I don't have focus as that I don't have money, so I end up picking up things that I really like and then needing to sell them in order to get other things I really like.

If you asked me at any point in the past 15 years what I was working on I could have named a set or two, but I've always sold them off when something more special came along. I've made pretty good progress with N28, then T207, E95, R327, C46, T206 Polar Bears, and E126 -- but I didn't finish any of the sets or hold onto my partial sets for very long.

Sometimes I've made a little and sometimes I've lost a little when I sold them off, but it's generally been about a break-even proposition, so in practice whatever set I'm working on at any given time is likely to end up having served as a savings account toward a long-term addition to my collection (and it's the rare type cards that go into the long-term holdings). In the meantime, the set building gives me something to collect that shows up for sale more than once a year.