View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:08 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

+1000!! This really sums up a lot of what I have been thinking and feeling. At any point when I thought something like, "I HAVE to buy this card" or "I HAVE to finish this set" things started going downhill in a hurry. I mean hats off to collectors who can dig in and build those large 1960s Topps sets in nice condition because I am not the man for that job. One of my last efforts in postwar was building a 1965 Topps set. It is in my closet at about 62% complete. I couldn't possibly make myself buy one more card for that. No offense to collectors who are doing this and loving it, but I got soooo burned out.

I just feel free now. A few of you guys have essentially said buy what you like and can afford. That is precisely what I have started doing. Obaks, T205s, and D311s for starters. Perhaps some T210s and T216s down the road. Fun stuff!!

And these are some amazing signed cards, btw...wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
I have found that if I hold myself to a specific plan that I get frustrated. If I just stuck with T206 cards -- even just signed T206 cards -- I wouldn't have picked up some of my favorite cards ever.

I am a T206 collector, but these are not T206s....

Marquard_CJ_SGC_AUT3

Grove33Goudey

Wagner_M116_SGC_A

Speaker M101-2

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 05-10-2017 at 06:09 PM.