View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Robert, I now pronounce you hooked on pre-War cards, and as far as I am aware, there is no known cure!

I, too, am a pre-War type-card collector, which is one of my too-many pre-War collecting focuses. But, hopefully, a cure won't be found until I am long gone from this earth.
Haha, thanks! I flirted with the idea of prewar for a couple of years. For me, it was just a matter of reading thread after thread on this site. Not a lot of posting for me, just trying to get a feel for the landscape. I am 43, and never really contemplated baseball cards existing prior to the early 1950s. Net54 has exposed me to cards I didn't know about and a multitude of ways of collecting those cards. Scanning the BST often has been a source of valuable info. At this point, there are cards from all kinds of prewar sets that I will be adding to my collection. It's probably safe to say my set building days are over as I want a taste of a lot of prewar issues. The possible exception could be the 1910 Obaks and collecting the 35 back slogans. I will also probably get as many T205s as I can..both of these have really grown on me. If I get restless, there's the D311s, T216s (just "discovering" those), and the T210s. It is pretty endless. It has been nice actually starting to show off my Obak purchases instead of just talking about it.

You guys don't always know it, but you all are really helpful and informative. I would still be doing what I always did if it weren't for you. That's not to say there's anything wrong with postwar at all. I was just personally getting bored. Net54 is the best place on the Internet IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk