View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Default Suitcase Full...OLD baseball cards

Posted By: Tonya

My uncle came across while cleaning out an estate I believe, an old suitcase (roughly the size of a briefcase but real deap) that was filled to the top of baseball cards. Some, unopened packs, possibly 15-20 of them, the rest, all in what I see as excellent condition (but I don't know crap). He nor I, know anything about and have never collected baseball cards. I can date some back as early as the 1930's era, but that is just going by the colors/pictures themselves and what I have compared to pictures located over the internet. Some could be earlier than that, I was too afraid to touch them by digging into it all.

My question is, how does a man find out what he has, what its worth, without being taken? Whose the best person to go to? I don't believe he is interested at this time in trying to sell but I am not sure he'd likely turn down real good money for them.

I'd like to go thru them, but I don't know who is who in the baseball world. And there are so many cards out there, its unbelievable.

So, where does a person start? Anything to look for on the cards?