View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Default Low Pop/ High Grade Commons

Posted By: Fred C

Marty,

You are absolutley right, if the seller doesn't intend to sell it then I guess there is on monetary damage to them. I don't think I'll ever be in that position to piss my money away. Even if I had that much money I couldn't do it. But then, it's relative, $10,000 to me may be chump change to the person that spends crazy money on Low Pop / High Grade Commons.

David,

You're right also. I think the pictures in posted above show some pretty nice pre-war material that has a much less likely chance of being surpassed on the grading scales. Then again, this is subjective and I'd have a difficult time spending lots of money on a label. I bet if we put 50 cards graded 8-10 together (with the grades covered) we'd get differing opinions on the grades for each card.

That would be a fun contest to run. Have 50 different high grade cards at the National and let everyone try to see if they could guess the grades. Who ever has the most correct grades wins a pair of eye glasses and a PSA scholarship to become "the countries next best grader".