View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 03:10 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Yes, it's from the "Joe Daly's Tavern" issue. Seriously, clever of them to use an antique typewriter font for the offer on the back, otherwise it's just another in the long line of yellowed fakes out of Ohio. That makes me only 99&9/10% certain it's a fake rather than 100%. Also, I don't think I've seen the photo before, which might knock it down to 99&8/10%. Where did you get it? I'm guessing eBay or Etsy or such.
Personally, I always feel that typewriter font is more so a dead giveaway for a fake. Look at how each line is leaning differently which shows the card was manually placed for each line due to the size. For a small business owner it would have taken hours upon hours to complete just a small batch versus buying an inexpensive hand stamp to do a pile in a couple minutes. That and using the bicolor accounting ribbon which means a little shop that would rarely need red only gets half the use of a ribbon as they can’t flip it over for additional runs. Anything advertising based with hand type is suspect for me immediately.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.