View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned

Default I did buy 707's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
a lot more than what hes buying , plus hes not prepared to pay 2x 3x the price on 707cards and Deans cards whatever so a .5 increase isnt going to do much..plus many many hi grade sets already with the card on the registry.....plus as we all know in future years card collecting in general will have less people in the hobby until you show me that more people on the registry are younger than older that will be the case..
I just bit the bullet & bought 707's 2 for $600+.

So I am prepared to pay 2x - 3x the price. Just depends on my mood, & current expendable funds.

I see Mile High & HA auctions sold #332 PSA 6, PSA 7 and PSA 8's for 50% of what I would have paid for them on eBay.
I mean $597 for a PSA 8 #332 !?!? http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-ca...=ha-rss-search
And $626 for another one!?!? http://www.goodwinandco.com/lot-5062.aspx
What is wrong with HA and Goodwin!?!? Don't they know a PSA 8 sells for $1,000 on eBay!?!? Wish I was aware of these auction houses when they were offered! Who are these owners!? I would love to offer them double then what they paid.

I wish I had started buying this card 5+ years ago. & wish I was aware that people are actually selling them anywhere other then eBay. I'm confused why people would cosign them over to HA, Mile High, Sirius, etc & get 25% of what they would get on eBay for them. 6% fees on eBay isn't that scary!

1952boyntoncollector, you believe 1952 Topps cards will decrease in value? I don't know why you believe less people will be in the hobby. As the population increases by tens of millions more, why wouldn't there be just as many if not more collectors of legendary sets like 1952 Topps & prior?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bartirome more.jpg (69.0 KB, 2272 views)

Last edited by dollarscholar; 10-12-2015 at 08:39 PM.